The most common pronunciation of Cluxewe is Clook-see-we.
There are many slight variations on the pronunciation of Kwakiutl but in the Pronunciation Guide to First Nations in BC, it is pronounced Kwog-you-tul.
Well-behaved dogs are welcome at tenting and RV sites, but they must be on a leash and owners must clean up after their dog. Remember, Cluxewe is at the edge of the wilderness, complete with predators. Leashing dogs makes them much safer. *Unfortunately dogs are not allowed in or around the cottages.*
- Please do not clean fish in campsites or washrooms. Fish must be cleaned on the beach or at the fish station by the ramp. Please return the waste from fish, and shellfish to well below the high tide level and not in the garbage bins. Waste and garbage lying around will attract bears and other wild animals.
- No generators from May 1 – September 30.
- Dirt Bikes and ATVS are permitted at the resort, however they may only be driven from the resort parking area to the logging road in IDLE.
- No fireworks permitted
- Ensure that your vehicle or equipment does not block access to other campsites, even if they are vacant sites.
- Playground, swimming in river and dock areas are not supervised. Use at your own risk.
- Children are not allowed on the boat ramp dock unless supervised by an adult.
- Please don’t litter! Trash bins and recycling bins are located next to the washrooms. Please don’t leave garbage in fire pits.
- If a group is renting multiple sites, a guest staying at each site must register in the office.
We offer a wide variety of site types for all of our guests including oceanfront and woodland.
Yes, WIFI & Cell Service is available. However, due to our remote location, service may at times be limited.
Yes, guests of the resort may use the Sani-Dump. The Sani-Dump is not available for non-guests.
The Sani-dump fee is $7.50 plus tax for each use.
We accept Visa, Master Card, AMEX, Debit cards and Cheques.
- Check-in time for campsites is 12:00 noon.
- Check-out is 11:00 am for campsites.
- Check-in for cottages is 3:00 pm.
- Check-out is 10:00 am for cottages.
Quiet time begins at 10:00 pm. Many of our guests are early risers. This is a family resort and we strongly discourage loud music, rude language, and inappropriate behavior at any time. The RCMP will be called if necessary.
As excited as we are for you to join us, we do understand that cancellations do sometimes occur. If you do need to cancel your reservation, please be aware of the following policies.
Cancellations made less than 2 weeks prior to arrival date will receive a full refund minus a one night stay.
Cancellations made 2 weeks or more prior to arrival date will receive a full refund minus 25% of a one night stay.
ABSOLUTELY NO REFUNDS FOR EARLY CHECKOUTS
Yes, we offer a discount off of the daily rate for month-long stays. Please contact reservations if you are interested in monthly rentals.
Monthly rates are available for long-term full-service RV Site #s 128-152. (6-month minimum)
Only one RV is permitted per campsite. A small tent can also be included at no extra cost.
You may visit registered guests in their campsite or cottage, or you can simply walk through the Resort and enjoy the views. However, it’s important that you do not block accesses or park in campsites – even if they are currently empty (that means guests may be arriving later). There is ample parking in the parking lot across from the office. We also ask that you stop in the office and let us know about your visit. When you visit, respecting wildlife is essential. Don’t attempt to feed bears or other animals or disturb them in any way. If you are visiting a registered guest, we ask that you leave by 10 pm, when “quiet time” begins. We welcome your visit; if you aren’t a guest now, perhaps you will become one in the future!
Yes, if you plan to fish from the beach or use the boat ramp, we ask that you check in at the resort office first. Please park in the designated parking lot by the resort office. Do not park in any of the campsites or next to the cottages.
Cluxewe will be taking campsite and cottage reservations for the 2023 season starting on January 10, 2023 at 10:00am PST through our online booking system.
Please reserve individually to avoid deposit confusion for groups. A guest booking multiple campsites or cottages will be responsible to make payment in full upon arrival.
Cluxewe Resort does not share contact information or keep credit card information on file.
Cluxewe Resort is privately owned and operated by the Kwakiutl First Nation. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone and will not be responsible for accidents, injuries to our guests, or loss of equipment or valuables of any kind. All guests must comply with our Cluxewe Resort Policies.